In response to the ever-growing demand water conservation products, Orion Tanks Tasmania have a comprehensive range of both traditional and contemporary styles of rainwater tanks. Orion Tanks have been manufacturing rainwater tanks for over 20 years, and our finished products embody our passion for quality workmanship.
Sound like what you need? Contact us.
To download a copy of this content for print, you can download the 2850 Ltr Aquaplate Steel Rainwater Tank spec sheet.
Orion Australia Warranty Terms and Conditions require the preparation of a good quality base pad for steel rainwater tanks.
Unlike moulded tanks, steel tanks are manufactured from several pieces of formed steel, which are sealed from the inside once the tank is constructed.
An inadequate or poorly constructed base may allow the tank to deform when the tank is filled, resulting in perforation of the internal seal and consequent leaking.
1. Construct retaining edge from (minimum size) 90x19mm treated pine or similar. Ensure overall size of base pad (LxW) is 200mm greater than the tank diameter.
2. Position retaining edge, ensuring that it is level in both directions. If necessary, fasten the retaining edge to steel star posts to prevent movement and ensure that it remains level in both directions.
3. Fill the base area with crushed rock. 7mm ‘blue metal’ screenings are ideal, as they allow ground water to drain freely beneath the tank which minimizes opportunity for rust.
4. Compact fill and screed level with retainer edge. Ensure minimum thickness of fill is 75mm.
5. Orion Australia does not take responsibility for tank failure due to an inadequate or poorly constructed base.
Other colours are also available. Please contact us for more options.