Orion Tanks Tasmania have a comprehensive range of galvanised rainwater tanks in a large variety of sizes. We have been making rainwater tanks over 10 years, and the quality of our tanks stand the test of time.
Sound like what you need? Contact us.
To download a copy of this content for print, you can download the 2850 Ltr Galvanised Rainwater Tank spec sheet.
Orion Australia Warranty Terms and Conditions require the preparation of a good quality base pad for steel rainwater tanks.
Unlike moulded tanks, steel tanks are manufactured from several pieces of formed steel, which are sealed from the inside once the tank is constructed.
An inadequate or poorly constructed base may allow the tank to deform when the tank is filled, resulting in perforation of the internal seal and consequent leaking.
1. Construct retaining edge from (minimum size) 90x19mm treated pine or similar. Ensure overall size of base pad (LxW) is 200mm greater than the tank diameter.
2. Position retaining edge, ensuring that it is level in both directions. If necessary, fasten the retaining edge to steel star posts to prevent movement and ensure that it remains level in both directions.
3. Fill the base area with crushed rock. 7mm ‘blue metal’ screenings are ideal, as they allow ground water to drain freely beneath the tank which minimizes opportunity for rust.
4. Compact fill and screed level with retainer edge. Ensure minimum thickness of fill is 75mm.
5. Orion Australia does not take responsibility for tank failure due to an inadequate or poorly constructed base.